- Scotch Shipping Tape (heavy duty)
- Text you want to use from a laser printer (hasn’t worked for me on a inkjet printer)
- Warm water
1. Print out your text. I used an Epson laser machine. If you don’t have one, most libraries, fedex stores, work, and school printers are laser printers. I tried it on a Canon inkjet printer, and it did NOT work! The ink did not stick to the tape after wetting it. (If someone is able to do this with a Canon, let me know!)
2. Cut out a piece of Scotch Shipping Tape and place it on top of your text. This will be your label, so make sure to tape it without any bubbles. I haven’t tried it with different tapes, but any Heavy Duty tape should work perfectly.
3. Cut the taped text. I like to add swirls when I cut, but you can cut straight edges if you prefer.
4. Put the taped text in warm water. Let it soak for about 5 minutes.
5. Gently rub off the paper from the tape. If you feel that there’s more paper on the tape, place it again in the water for another 5 minutes.
6. Continue to rub off all of the paper until it’s all gone.
7. Let the tape dry right side up.
8. Once dried, the tape will be sticky again
9. Use your tape as a label
Need more visualization of all the text above? Here’s the breakdown in pictures!
Easy, right?! To see this all in action, check out the short Youtube video here. The EpicALLY blog also features breakdowns on other Youtube crafts, including Cricut crafts on grouping, attaching, welding, and more.
Any questions? Comment below!
(Purple Text in this post: hyperlink to the Easy DIY Clear Label Youtube Video and links to the Grouping, Attaching, and Welding breakdowns on this site.)
**I am currently NOT affiliated with any company, so all the views, products, ideas, and thoughts are my own with absolutely zero pay. If I ever become an affiliate or partner with any service, I will let you all know and provide the information in the post. In an age where there’s so much hyperbole, misinformation, and half-truths in order to make an extra buck or two, my brand EpicALLY, and I especially, will maintain complete transparency with my followers. This is a passion project of mine, so I will never resort to cheap tricks or lies to provide you with any product, service, or information.