Q: Why Group/Ungroup?
A: To easily manipulate multiple layers at once without affecting the position of each layer when you click on “Make It.” The placement between each layer will NOT translate on the mat.
What does this mean?
You can move around or size up or down more than 1 image at a time. However, grouping does NOT attach the images together, so the placement will not hold when you click on “Make It.”
- Click on the Images tab
- Select your image
- Note that single layer images cannot be ungrouped
- But multilayers can be ungrouped
- When you click on Ungroup for a multilayered image, you can then adjust each layer as needed. You can even delete these layers.
- You can group uploaded images, but uploaded images will always be single layers, which means these can’t be ungrouped
- But you can create multilayers from any single layer image
- Upload the image again
- Delete parts of the first layer that you do not want
- Delete parts of the 2nd layer that you do not want
- Manipulate the layers as needed
- Group/ungroup as needed
- You can group/ungroup text too.
- Text will always come as grouped, so you can ungroup to do some manual kerning
- Kerning = line spacing
For a visual aid, here’s the above breakdown in pictures:
Any questions? Comment below!
(Purple Text in this post means there is a hyperlink to the Grouping & Ungrouping in Cricut Design Space Youtube video and links to the Contouring, Attaching, and Welding breakdowns on this site.)
**I am currently NOT affiliated with any company, so all the views, products, ideas, and thoughts are my own with absolutely zero pay. If I ever become an affiliate or partner with any service, I will let you all know and provide the information in the post. In an age where there’s so much hyperbole, misinformation, and half-truths in order to make an extra buck or two, my brand EpicALLY, and I especially, will maintain complete transparency with my followers. This is a passion project of mine, so I will never resort to cheap tricks or lies to provide you with any product, service, or information.